Immucor Lifecodes Instrumentation and Accessories
Built on xMAP Technology, the Luminex LX200 System, for use with Gen-Probe Lifecodes products, is a flexible analyser based on the principles of flow cytometry that allows multiplexing (simultaneous measurement) of up to 100 analytes in a single microplate well, using very small sample volumes and delivering fast and cost-effective results.
The total system includes the Luminex LX200 analyser, the Luminex XY plate handling platform, and the Luminex SD sheath fluid delivery system, software and PC.
Benefits of the Luminex System:
- Amplified DNA can be analysed with up to 100 different SSO probes simultaneously
- Detection of antibodies in serum directed against up to 100 different antigens in a single well with sensitivity similar to flow cytometry
- Multiplex reactions reduce labour, consumables and assay time
- XY platform allows walk-away acquisition from 1 to 96 samples at a time
- Convenience of automated analysis
- Powered by xMAP technology from Luminex
The STARlet from Hamilton Robotics can be used to automate all Gen-Probe Lifecodes HLA antibody and SSO assays. The STARlet liquid handling workstation is based on superior air displacement pipetting technology, which increases accuracy and repeatability.
Benefits of the Hamilton STARlet:
- Increase in quality and traceability of results
- Audit trail of liquid movements and sample processing using barcodes and robotic system logs ensures data and patient result integrity
- Increase in productivity with less hands-on time
- Sample processing time reduction and interleaving of multiple plate processing
- Reduced staffing requirement and reduction in overall training and support needs for testing
- Reduced variability between runs
- Repeat rate reduction and possible reagent reaction volume reduction allowing enhanced cost saving
- State of the art processing that allows future assays to be developed and implemented
- Modular design allows future proofing and longevity of investment